Thursday, July 28, 2016

When God Unites


My hubby and I had an incredible conversation with our finance manager two days ago. He was so thrilled to share how much God touched him on a routine drive for materials.
We love to celebrate family because Papa God loves family. This is a wonderful story about a reunion with extended family written by Pine Pienaar, and shared with permission.   

Pine Pienaar

July 26 at 9:30pm · Chimoio, Mozambique ·



Today was a phenomenal day, and I just have to share my experience with you. A lot of you know that I grew up in colonial Mozambique, in the years 1966 through 1975, but you may also know that I've been back here since 1992. Today I was driving to pick up some firewood for a Chimoio based orphanage that I'm helping out by handling their financial management. Augusto, a Mozambican who works at the orphanage, accompanied me to the place where we normally buy firewood. Along the way, we got talking about the situation in Mozambique. Somehow the conversation got around to me describing my early days in Mozambique, including the fact that I spent the happiest days of my childhood on a farm well known in this area, as "Chitundo." Augusto looked at me in astonishment and said: "I was born there!" Well, one thing lead to another and I told him about some of my friends I grew up with on Chitundo. Eventually I mentioned to him the name of one of our tractor drivers, Companhia Razao, who mentored me in many ways, not the least of which was in Mozambican bush craft and hunting. Augusto looked at me incredulously and said: "Companhia Razao? He was my uncle!" At that point I nearly overturned the Ford Ranger in which we were traveling!

Upon our return to the Chimoio area in 1996, I managed to track down Companhia Razao in his old age, and what a reunion it was! There is much more to the story, but suffice it to say that Companhia was one of my boyhood heroes. He sadly passed away in 2005, but meeting up with his nephew today, under such unexpected circumstances, brought back the precious memories of an old African who had an indelible impression on an "umzungu" boy growing up in the wild African bush at the tail end of its romantic era.




In the photo, Companhia is second from the right. His son, Araujo on the right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are so grateful to Papa God for how he is loving us so well. He is blessing the children at ROG and the team of staff and volunteers. Truly whom God brings together is blessed. We are very very thankful to God for each and every person who he draws into the Iris Chimoio ROG family.
God loves to show how he is delighted in our love for Jesus! These special moments are treasures and gifts from a Papa God who loves each one of us soooo much!

lots of love,
Missionary Momma Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment