Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Perfect Twirl


There was a day that we found this long sleeve t-shirt on sale in a big department store. My hubby and I then found other winter clothes that were also on sale. We started to load up our shopping buggy with sweaters, jackets, and long sleeve shirts for our boys and workers. Then we headed over to the girl’s department where we found all kinds of pretty, shiny, sparkly, lacy, and fluffy girl clothes.

It was the first time I bought a ballerina style dress for two of my girls, and fancy shiny dresses for three of my girls with lace crochet cardigans to match. We even bought them gloves. My hubby and I actually bought two dresses with multiple layers of tulle skirts. We all loved it so much! The moment our two youngest girls twirled in their brand new dresses was perfect. 

I had shopped many times for t-shirts and girl clothes in Pep or at the outside market, but never for fancy dresses. The minute I saw a fluffy skirted dress, I knew I could buy that dress for one of my girls. It was a moment I had been waiting for all my life.  I had always dreamed of the moment that I would buy a fancy dress for my little girl, and I  would see her twirl in her first ballerina skirt. I had imagined a tinier tulle skirt – maybe for a baby girl. For some reason, probably the sparse shopping available in Chimoio, I had never seen these type of fluffy dresses our girls size until that day in the department store in Colorado. There are more shops in Colorado, and that was the first day I had noticed a pretty, fluffy dress just Julieta’s size, and Margarida’s size.  There were three more fancy, shiny dresses that matched perfectly with these sweet little cardigans.

All five of our beautiful girls sparkled and shined in their fancy dresses. They curtsied, and danced. They sat so politely at our friend’s restaurant. It was such a beautiful day. We loved spending special time with the girls. There was something magical about being dressed up in fancy clothes and going on an unforgettable lunch date. We spent the afternoon with the girls. They used our phone to take a bunch of pictures and videos dancing, singing, and twirling in their dresses.  

It was the perfect lunch date with our daughters, and the perfect dresses, and the perfect twirls.

Lots of love,

Missionary Momma Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment